Chocolate Biscuit Recipe – Sweet Bat Treats
And now for something completely different on MollyMoo! I’m not so hot in the kitchen department which is why you don’t see many edible things here! – can’t be masters of everything right!!! ahem
Anyhoo I was sent this yummy Halloween Chocolate Biscuit Recipe by Love Irish Food earlier today and thought it looked SO good I would share it here on MollyMoo and make with Miss Molly during the holidays. Aprons at the ready!
Chocolate Biscuit Bats
What is a scary night without creepy bats? Make these chocolate Halloween biscuits for your trick or treating friends.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
What you need
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup CADBURY Bournville Cocoa
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Red writing icing
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa and butter in a food processor and process just until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and process briefly to combine.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead to form soft dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper to ½ cm thick. Cut out 10 bat shapes and place on a lightly greased baking tray. Bake in a hot oven 200°C for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Stand for 10 minutes before placing onto a wire rack. Cool.
- Ice each bat with red writing icing to make eyes. Store in an airtight container until required.
- Eat and lick your lips!! the most important step x x x