Toilet Roll Crafts: Hula Girl and Her Mermaid BFF
Looking forward to warm, sunny weather ?!! or maybe you’re lucky enough to be enjoying it right now!! Toilet roll crafts are always a favourite here on MollyMoo and today’s TP Roll Dolls embrace everything that is great about recycled crafts, while celebrating summer sunshine and good times at the beach.
So grab your paper tubes because we’re making a hula girl and her mermaid friend! fun fun fun
Here’s all you’ll need to make this adorable craft!
- Toilet Roll Cores
- Construction Paper
- Markers (Sharpies are best)
- Glitter Glue Pens (easier to use than loose glitter! and less cleanup!!)
- Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
First, paint your toilet paper tubes in peach, tan, or brown. (I didn’t have any of those colors, so I mixed together orange, green, and white to create a nice tan color.) Once the paint is dry, draw on the faced with your Sharpie marker.
Cut out the hair, bra, skirt, and tail bits from brightly coloured construction paper. Use your glitter glue pens and Sharpie markers to add the fun details.
- To make the hair, I simply cut out a long horizontal piece to make the bangs, and shorter pieces to make strands of hair.
- I made two tails for the mermaid and waited until the end to decide which one I liked the best.
- To make the grass skirt, I cut some paper fringe.
Curl your construction paper strips around a marker to create wavy hair.
Glue everything onto your toilet paper tubes to create your dolls! Here’s our happy hula girl…. (isn’t the coconut shell bikini just hilarious :)
and her lovely mermaid friend!
We hope you have fun making these two adorable sun and surf loving gals. This gorgeous project feeds our toilet roll crafts obsession quite nicely :)