Pull Along Toys
How clever are these easy to make box pull along toys – the kids can have any pet they like, and a great place for hiding their ‘important stuff’. All you need is a cardboard box for the body, more cardboard for the head, string, cellotape, a large button for the end of the pull string and some wool lengths for the tail.
click on for the how-to make notes
- Draw the shape of your animal’s head onto some cardboard or stiff paper, then cut it out.
- Use paint or pens to draw the face
- Cut a strip of cardboard for the neck, and tape the head onto the end of it.
- With a scissors or knife, cut a slit on the top front of your box and slide the other end of the neck through it. Use tape to secure it in place.
- Now make another slit on the back end of your box for the tail. Insert your tail of choice into the slit and secure it with tape.
- Finally, poke a hole in the front of your box and insert the string. Secure it with tape and tie on your button handle.
Now Fido is ready for a walk!